Assistant Buyers/ Buying Administration Assistants
We have an exciting opportunity with our Buying Team here at Findel Education for an Assistant Buyer - Maternity Cover (fixed term contract). If you have either a strong administration background or previous experience as an Assistant Buyer then we would love to hear from you.
Findel is an eCommerce educational resources supplier in the UK and International schools and nurseries market place. We own several general and specialist educational brands Hope, GLS, Davies Sports, Philip Harris, Spa4Schools, A-Z and LDA.
Brilliance and being able to shine is at our core and we want our people to be true to themselves, embody our values, strive for greatness, take the challenge, be different and above all care for and help others be the best they can. We look for people who want to inspire future generations and who play a part in moving Findel forward for greater good. We want people to make our customers and suppliers glow by providing the best service possible and caring about what we do best for our business and the planet. We recruit people who stand out from the crowd, take responsibility for seeking out what adds value and think outside the box.
Some of the responsibilities of this great opportunity include:
• Manage the system set up of suppliers & products.
• Input core product data across our systems, including new product set up, ensuring the highest levels of accuracy.
• Prepare reports for the Buyer to identify trends and performance.
• Complete regular competitor and market reviews.
• Build category range in appropriate systems, in line with the critical path.
• To co-ordinate all samples within the critical path.
• In collaboration with the Buyer, support the development of both current and new supplier relationships.
• Manage supplier relationships on a day-to-day basis, ensuring information flows effectively between both parties.
• Provide a quality and timely response to queries and ensure effective resolutions.
• Act as a Brand Ambassador, including attending trade shows and events.
• Support projects and undertake a range of administrative duties, ensuring the department runs effectively.
• Work with all functions to deliver best in class catalogues & marketing materials, both digitally and offline.
• Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure product compliance within the business, fitness for purpose and adherence to European & British standards.
We’re ideally looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Working towards a Buying related degree or previous experience in a Buying role
• Able to work well as part of a team as well use own initiative
• Well organized with excellent time management and administration skills
• Accuracy and great attention to detail
• Ability to analyse data and make recommendations
• Able to solve problems by thinking creatively and being resourceful
• Excellent IT skills, proficient in MS Office
• Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
• Ambition to grow and a “can-do” attitude.
What’s in it for you?
Competitive salary & benefits package including 25 days holiday plus an additional holiday to celebrate your Birthday, contributory pension scheme, staff discounts, Employee Assistance Programme (including online GP & well-being support), Volunteering Leave & Cycle to Work scheme. We fully support a hybrid working arrangement, with the working week split between our collaborative workspace in Hyde, Greater Manchester and working from home. Above all, our culture is friendly, welcoming and supportive, and we believe work should be fun.
• To find out about Findel, our vision, values and all the great things we do to support communities and the environment, please visit: https://www.findel.co.uk/
• To apply, please visit: https://findeleducation.careers.adp.com/
- Job type