We have a fantastic opportunity for a strategic and commercially focused Buying Manager to join our team, reporting directly to the Head of Buying. This role would suit a candidate who has a background in retail buying and product development in homeware and hard goods. It is a key part of the Buying & Merchandising team and also works closely with the Marketing, Digital, Creative & Sales teams within our Go-to-market function.
As a Buying Manager you will be an expert in buying customer-focused products at the right price to deliver profit through collaborative working with internal and external stakeholders. You will define and implement a buying strategy for your categories. You will be a strong negotiator and trader of your categories, KPI driven, a strong decision maker and commercially focused. A motivational leader, you will inspire your team to develop, grow the business and deliver results.
• Manage a complete and full competitor comparison analysis across all categories.
• Review & analyse commercial data, market trends, competitor analysis and supplier information.
• Develop a deep understanding of the market, customer and competition and demonstrate clarity of ranges vs competition.
• Identify and develop multiple category range strategies to deliver KPIs and meet customer needs. You will be responsible for building and maintaining a category range plan.
• Ensure that the team works in partnership with Merchandising, Marketing, Sales & Finance to influence and deliver the agreed budgets.
• Prepare various commercial and financial reports/ presentations to be presented at Board and Group level.
• Partner with Merchandising to roll up budgets, margin, pricing architecture, SKU rationalization and excess stock management.
• Actively trade – reacting to opportunities, chasing growth and dealing with products that sell below expectations.
• Maintain & strengthen supplier relationships.
• Support Bids & Tenders team with finding suitable product at the appropriate price to win contracts.
• Work in partnership with QA to ensure product meets correct quality and ethical standards.
• Ensure the team proactively works with NPD Team to ensure that new products complement existing ranges and deliver growth.
• Attend relevant trade fairs in the UK and overseas, including the Far East and India.
• Proactively identify and resolve any challenges associated with the critical path delivery.
• Oversee the setup of products and ensure data accuracy across all relevant systems.
• Lead a team to drive high levels of engagement and motivation, ensuring they achieve the best results and their full potential.
• Successful track record as a high performing Buying Manager in a fast-paced buying environment
• Ability to lead a team to deliver growth.
• Commercially astute with excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to embrace and lead change, committed to continuous improvement.
• A genuine team player at all levels with supreme customer/supplier focus.
• Excellent analytical skills; able to analyse information and use insight to support decision making.
• Results-driven, with the ability to think strategically.
• Resilient and tenacious with emotional intelligence and a collaborative approach.
Findel is an eCommerce educational resources supplier in the UK and International schools and nurseries marketplace. We own several general and specialist educational brands; Hope, GLS, Davies Sports, Philip Harris, Spa4Schools, A-Z, Scandiborn and LDA.
We look for people who want to inspire future generations of learners and who will play a part in moving Findel forward for the greater good. We recruit people who stand out from the crowd, take responsibility for seeking out what adds value and think outside the box.
What’s in it for you:
Competitive salary & benefits package including:
o 25 days holiday (pro rata)
o Birthday holiday
o Contributory pension scheme
o Employee Assistance Programme, including online GP & well-being support
o Volunteering Leave
o Staff discounts
We support hybrid working, with 3 days per week at our collaborative workspace in Hyde, Greater Manchester. Our culture is friendly, welcoming and supportive, and we believe work should be fun.